[Coco] David Keil's CC3 Emulator

Rob bester at mchsi.com
Mon Sep 6 20:02:48 EDT 2004

Yes, I have received the disc.

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com [mailto:coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com] On
Behalf Of John A Podraza
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 12:46 PM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: [Coco] David Keil's CC3 Emulator

There are a few addressees from whom I have either missed receipt
acknowledgements, or I have thought were sent the CD and I erred.  Please
see the attachment "CD recipients", to see if your name appears. If so, then
I have not heard from you.  Please respond and let me know the status of the
shipment.

Second, with regard to reading the cd's: If you cannot get a clean read of
certain directories or files, my apologies.  Be specific as possible and I
will work on a resolution with you.  I do not burn these things often.
Perhaps there is a glitch in the setting I chose when performing the
burn..They were done over the course of the week and not all at one time.
There were times when I was doing other things while the burning was taking
place  System glitch?  who knows?

Third, At no time, I believe, was any "payment" asked for.  A request was
made to help cover costs, only.  And that is voluntary, upon receipt and
your satisfaction that you received what you expected.  I did say that I had
seen it functioning and It looked cool.  I had not tried to get it
functional before telling you all.  But then I had not tried to get OS9
functional before thinking it looked pretty cool, in 1992, either.  It took
me over a year of ownership of OS9, and the reading of a book that was NOT
written by the system engineers and myriad questions to an experienced user
(Mark Farrell), before I understood how to use OS9.  If you thought that the
Emulator was totally plug and play.... your misintrepretation, not my
misrepresentation.... then ask questions, and I can think of no better place
than this congregation.
If all else fails, RTF(ine)M.

I did include David's mail address in the CD;s introduction lettter, at
David's request.  He has so much SPAM that i beleive that he would miss
emails regarding questions.  If you can't deal with that, do not even make
deriding comments on this list.  You have an avenue for information.
 All good things take time.  Sorry if I seem a little riled at that one.

I am not a retired person who has hours on end to try to become an expert on
the emulator...I get maybe 20 hours of available time per week (HA!) and
there is still the regular family and personal obligations.

For what it's worth, I get the 1/3 screen emulator (CC3) glitch on the
wintower, but normal operation on the HP 130Mhz laptop under W98SE on both
of them.  So the screen issue could be indiginous to the video cards/drivers
used.  I haven't been able to read all the messages re: the topic, but would
dearly love to see a comprehensive article submitted for publication in the
CoCo~123 newsletter on how the problems were found and overcome.  I've seen
something about memory configuration..(I don't have
a clue, there).

I hope that all of you will get something out of this project.  (by the
way...copy what you can to the HD and rename the directories, if you have a
hard time reading them under the EMU..it helps to drop off the word "COCO"
form the beginning of the folders...remember, David also has emulaters for
the TRS80 mods 1, 2, 3, 4 and what ever.  I suspect that
this was a way to Keep them separated in his own filing system.)

Tony Podraza, Activist; Glenside  Color Computer Club, Inc Sponsor of the
14th Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST!
"A Silver Silicon Selebration!"
May, 14th & 15th 2005--Same Familiar Place Visit our
website---http://members.aol.com/clubbbs/glenside