[Coco] David Keil's CC3 Emulator

John A Podraza tonypodraza at juno.com
Mon Sep 6 13:45:53 EDT 2004

There are a few addressees from whom I have either missed receipt
acknowledgements, or I have thought were sent the CD and I erred.  Please
see the attachment "CD recipients", to see if your name appears. If so,
then I have not heard from you.  Please respond and let me know the
status of the shipment.

Second, with regard to reading the cd's: If you cannot get a clean read
of certain directories or files, my apologies.  Be specific as possible
and I will work on a resolution with you.  I do not burn these things
often.  Perhaps there is a glitch in the setting I chose when performing
the burn..They were done over the course of the week and not all at one
time.  There were times when I was doing other things while the burning
was taking place  System glitch?  who knows?

Third, At no time, I believe, was any "payment" asked for.  A request was
made to help cover costs, only.  And that is voluntary, upon receipt and
your satisfaction that you received what you expected.  I did say that I
had seen it functioning and It looked cool.  I had not tried to get it
functional before telling you all.  But then I had not tried to get OS9
functional before thinking it looked pretty cool, in 1992, either.  It
took me over a year of ownership of OS9, and the reading of a book that
was NOT written by the system engineers and myriad questions to an
experienced user (Mark Farrell), before I understood how to use OS9.  If
you thought that the Emulator was totally plug and play.... your
misintrepretation, not my misrepresentation.... then ask questions, and I
can think of no better place than this congregation.
If all else fails, RTF(ine)M.

I did include David's mail address in the CD;s introduction lettter, at
David's request.  He has so much SPAM that i beleive that he would miss
emails regarding questions.  If you can't deal with that, do not even
make deriding comments on this list.  You have an avenue for information.
 All good things take time.  Sorry if I seem a little riled at that one.

I am not a retired person who has hours on end to try to become an expert
on the emulator...I get maybe 20 hours of available time per week (HA!)
and there is still the regular family and personal obligations.

For what it's worth, I get the 1/3 screen emulator (CC3) glitch on the
wintower, but normal operation on the HP 130Mhz laptop under W98SE on
both of them.  So the screen issue could be indiginous to the video
cards/drivers used.  I haven't been able to read all the messages re: the
topic, but would dearly love to see a comprehensive article submitted for
publication in the CoCo~123 newsletter on how the problems were found and
overcome.  I've seen something about memory configuration..(I don't have
a clue, there).

I hope that all of you will get something out of this project.  (by the
way...copy what you can to the HD and rename the directories, if you have
a hard time reading them under the EMU..it helps to drop off the word
"COCO" form the beginning of the folders...remember, David also has
emulaters for the TRS80 mods 1, 2, 3, 4 and what ever.  I suspect that
this was a way to Keep them separated in his own filing system.)

Tony Podraza, Activist; Glenside  Color Computer Club, Inc
Sponsor of the 14th Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST!
"A Silver Silicon Selebration!"
May, 14th & 15th 2005--Same Familiar Place
Visit our website---http://members.aol.com/clubbbs/glenside