[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] OS-9 Guys, How do you use your system?

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Sun Sep 5 01:50:53 EDT 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 08:44:04 -0400 "Charlie" <chazbeenhad at hotmail.com>
writes:
> I love Mandel09. I have no idea how to do anything, except zoom up
> real
> close on areas of the default picture. ;-)
> Charlie

I'm glad you like it! It's nice to get some feedback. I haven't gotten
much yet.

Have you read through the build-it tutorials? Go to the Tandy Menu (That
little x-shaped icon to the left of the "Pictures" menu on the menu bar
of the main screen) and select "Help". The tutorial program will start up
and display a list of topics. Click on a topic. The help file will be
displayed. I hope you find them useful.

If you've succeeded in generating a new pic by magnifying a portion of
the default picture, then save it to disk by going into the "pictures"
menu and selecting "Save As...". Once it's saved, you can magnify a
portion of that picture using the same process as you used to magnify a
portion of the default pic. I would suggest however that you up the
iteration count before you do that. Go into the "Params" menu and select
"Iterations" and then replace the original value of 60 with something
higher, like 100 or 200 for example. The reason you want to increase the
iteration count is because the more you magnify, the lower the amount of
detail. To keep the detail level high, you have to increase the iteration
count. Problem is, the higher the iteration count, the longer it takes to
generate the picture. You may have to leave the computer on overnight to
let it draw the picture. Luckily OS-9 multi-tasks, so if there are other
things you want to do with your computer, just open up another window and
go to it!

Also try generating a Julia picture. With the default picture loaded, go
into the "Pictures" menu and select "Julia". Crosshairs will appear over
the default picture. Using the mouse, select a point on the screen,
preferably a spot close to but not in one of the black regions. Once you
click the mouse, the program will generate a Julia picture, which you can
then save to disk, or magnify.

Let me know how it goes. Take care,

Fred Provoncha