[Coco] Fanfold printer paper (for dot matrix)?

alsplace at pobox.com alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Sep 28 14:57:50 EDT 2004

Er ... is fanfold printer paper even made any more?  If not, when did
it go away?  I was still using my CoCo and MM/1 in 1995 when I moved to
Iowa, and bought my first inkjet printer (that used single sheets of
paper) within a few years after that, I think, so I guess it had to
start happening around that time.

I'm going to guess my Tandy DMP132 (or whatever it is) dot matrix
printer won't have any source for printer ribbons these days.

Perhaps another useful app would be a print server that would let you
hook a CoCo up to a Mac or PC via bitbanger.  The CoCo could spit out
raw ASCII and the "server" program would format it and spit it out to
the laser or ink jet printer attached to the host PC/Mac.  It could
also easily (I bet) emulate standard dot matrix printer formats.

What were the popular printer types that CoCo software supported?

     -- Allen