[Coco] DriveWire boot

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Mon Sep 27 14:46:55 EDT 2004

I need to find an alternative way to boot DriveWire; I have an old
floppy drive, but I'm having trouble reading the drivewire floppy disk
sent. It's probably an alignment issue, which I don't know how to fix.
Anyway, I'm hoping to remove the floppy drive from the equation
altogether.

I'd like to put the OS-9 boot program on cassette. I guess what I need
is the boot track off the drivewire diskette.

If I could bootstrap off cassette, then I could disconnect from the
cassette as soon as the bootloader is transferred.

Anyone have the disk that's willing to hex dump the contents for me?
Then I can disassemble it and see whether my idea is feasible.

Thanks,

-- John.