[Coco] sticker shock

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 00:45:11 EDT 2004

People

         So I'm serfing google looking for an affordable upscan converter
and after literally a thousand entries I come upon a small obscure
german company called "ihse" and I see they have a "sync doubler"
with 15KHz RGB going in and  31KHz coming out.  The picture of the
converter looked promising.  It looked to be about the size of the
Matco converter.  It looked simple and even a little crappy....
Sorta like something I would build :)
     Ok, so I give thier representive in the USA
a call to check on availability and price. A man who sounded like
that guy on the simpson's who ran the Quicky Mart tells me he will
look it up.   After a few moments he quoted me a price of....$1700.00!!!
That's seventeen HUNDRED dollarsl!!!   Needless to say I declined
to purchase!
      That's ok Apoo,  I'll get in touch with you later.....Geez.

Roy