[Coco] RGB/HDB-DOS question

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 12:24:35 EDT 2004

This is mainly for Boisy and/or Robert Gault...

There are programs for RSDOS that patch basic for 40 or 80 track access. Is it
safe to do this under HDB-DOS? or is it likely to corrupt the hard drive?

What if the 40 track patch was used before formatting the drives? Assuming it
worked, that would change the OS-9 offset, right?

I have just finished formatting my first CoCo HD under HDB-DOS. Yay. I have the
latest release of NitrOS-9 booting, now where can get IDE driver/descriptor for
NOS-9? (if possible, already assembled, I'm aware of the CVS source)

Thanks,
Bob Emery