[Coco] DoD sequel (Was Re: Cast your vote for a new CoCo 3 game)

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Tue Oct 26 22:21:46 EDT 2004

Years ago I wrote a DoD like game in BASIC, didn't have a lot of things
(like different torch lighting) and had to cut it short because of
memory limits.
But... I was using a cassette in those days, and both, my working and
backup copies got ruined. Months of work to waste.
Reseting the CoCo right before the I/O ERROR would let me see part of
the program listing, even run it a bit. But as soon as the last lines of
the program were reached or listed, the CoCo would crash.
Anybody ever was able to recover some information from a situation like
that? May be using an emulator?

Diego