[Coco] CoCo Text games

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Thu Oct 21 15:00:56 EDT 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Jim Cox wrote:

> Now that I finally have my CoCo set up and running, I am starting to
> dive into a project.  I am thinking of doing just a simple text
> adventure, nothing fancy (yet) and would like to know what text
> adventures were out there for the CoCo and if possible, where can I
> find them.

there was someone who had ported a z-machine interpreter to the CoCo, and
it let the user run any of the many Infocom games, like Zork and
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I think there was someone...

You might want to track down who that was in the list archives, and see if
you can get your hands on there interpreter. There are LOTS of tools
available to write a z-machine text adventure. And lots of freely
available source code.

James