[Coco] Re: Re: Anyone have "In Quest of the Star Lord"?

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 08:23:52 EDT 2004

"Robert Gault" <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote
in message news:416CA634.9020409 at worldnet.att.net...
> I'm willing to look at it. If the copy runs but the original does not,
> then the copy protection scheme probably is the source of your troubles.
> Are the problems with a real Coco or emulation.
>
> I was sent three of the disks for Star Lord (D1 side2, D2 sides 1&2) and
> I have been able to play the game in MESS as long as I limit memory to
> 512K and stock Disk ROM. I do have a trick that makes D1 side1 copyable
> and usable.
>
> Also I've been able to use the .dmk image format to run SourceIII by
> Bill Vergona in MESS. The required version of MESS has not yet been
> released to the public. I had to build a special .dmk image and then
> backup the SourceIII disk to the image. I don't intend to make the
> method public unless Vergona can be talked into releasing his software.
> However, anyone with the skill for this will now know it is possible.

Only disk 1 of Those Darn Marbles is copy protected. The problem I had was
when the game loads you get a nice intro screen. The graphics on this screen
were garbled. Otherwise the game ran fine. Using a Spit-n-image copy of disk
1 the intro graphics look how they should. So however spit-n-image reads the
disk or maybe error corrects or something, it fixed my copy of the game.

Spit-N-image has only been able to copy a few copy protected games for me.
Barbarian Quest, Overlord, and Darn Marbles are about it actualy.....

I don't know how to make dsk or other images of copy protected game to get
them to run in MESS, so this is on my real coco.

Also, while on the subject, Anadisk on the PC made me a good copy of Sundogs
White Fire of Eternity.

I always throw this out there hoping someone will hook me up with a method
to copy, or cracked versions of:

Sundog: Sinistaar disk 1 side 1, Warrior King side 1 and 2, Quest for Thelda
disk 1 side 1, Contras disk1 side1.
Diecom: Marble  Madness.
Misc: Martys Nightmare.

It will be a sad day for me, should any of these game disks stop working for
me.

Charlie