[Coco] Re: Coco Collection on Ebay

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Tue Oct 12 13:54:05 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:38, Andrew wrote:

> That is a nice collection there - but is it really worth that much? I
> could see if the serial numbers on any of the computers was low (like
> 0-99 or whatever is equiv) - but let's be real here. The Color Computer
> isn't exactly a collector's item, yet - you still see them on occasion
> in Goodwill stores! I think this guy, whoever they are, is trying to
> cash in on something that isn't there (kinda like I saw a P3-450 in the
> newspaper going for $500 when I know it is only worth $100, if that).
>
> Andrew Ayers

Well it's not just Coco stuff. There are some laptops in there too,
among other things.

The problem is the guy is lumping a bunch of stuff together which is
unrelated.

I'd rather pay a higher price per component and only take a what I
want... the guy would make more money, though he'd have to use a bit
more packing material.

As for Goodwill:

I get some of my computer equipment there... we have a "goodwill
computer store" in our local goodwill, they test all of the stuff they
sell. I get replacement parts (I bought a floppy drive to replace one
that broke the other day for $3), and older Pentium machines to use as
servers for around $50 each.

-- John.