[Coco] CGP-220 Repair?

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 14:21:26 EDT 2004

> I have an old CGP-220 printer, with both a black and a color ink
> cartridge. Now, this printer hasn't been used in years. The ink has to
> be completely dried out, and who knows about the rest of the system. I
> have yet to run any real tests with it.

Well, first of all... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I recently acquired a CGP-220 that I was told had been sitting
for several years. I expected the same things you did, especially
when I saw that the "shipping lock" mechanism that seals the
print head was not closed. (When closed, the ink flows through a
closed-loop of tiny clear plastic tubing. The self-clean requires
that you close it and pump the ink through the loop.)

Was I shocked when the dang thing printed on the first try!!
I did have to run the self-cleaning cycle several times to get
all the colors flowing properly, but you can see it moving.

I haven't yet got to the point of refilling it... yet.

Bob Emery