[Coco] Problem with Disto driver and PCdos in Nitros9

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 6 16:06:56 EDT 2004

mmarlett at isd.net wrote:
> Charlie,
>
> I'm sure it is the driver. I use PCdos on my machine all the time. That is
> how you got the "dir" command last night. My system reads/writes in
> 180k/360k/720k/1.44mb modes Auto detects the disk type and switches the
> controller's transfer rates accordingly on the 720k/1.44mb.
>
> As I recall, the PCdos utility also had to patch the driver for 512byte
> sector mode or something like that. I believe that the drivers for NitrOS-9
> does this but third party support might not. Robert???
>
> Mark
 ><snip>

Far as I know, the Disto drivers will work with PCDOS. At least it works
on my system.

I have a hunch Charlie is trying to read a high density disk instead of
a medium density disk on the Coco. That is not going to work.

If it turns out Charlie was using an appropriate disk, I do have a
driver that will with a Disto SCII. I just need to know which addresses
are being used, $FF58 or $FF74.