[Coco] Important Announcement: NitrOS-9 & 1986 GIME

Benoit Bleau benoit.bleau at verizon.net
Tue Oct 5 10:42:02 EDT 2004

I've got a suggestion:
There was a thread about Nitros9 displaying a boot time graphic, a few days
ago. How about using the REL_32 module (which seems to fix the 86GIME
problem) as the standard boot method, and use the opportunity to display a
colored char/block graphic during the boot process?

This is a coco after all, and the 32 char mode is part of its charm. To me,
this mode is like comfort food for the brain. After looking all day at
Windows XP, I feel like the world makes some sense again, when I look at the
coco screen.

My 2c...

-Ben