[Coco] Re: Re: Nitros9 Script question

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Mon Oct 4 20:00:37 EDT 2004

> Thank you. Using <>>>/1 worked perfectly.
> Now I wish OS9 had a dir command similar to dos where you can do a
> dir *.adv
> to list only files with the adv extension. :-)
>
> Charlie

Okay, so we know thanks to Rod Hamilton that ':dir -e *.adv' won't work
:-)

There was a command that was included in the "OS-9 Level II Tools"
package offered by Cocopro! called 'wmatch'. The command accomplishes
essentially what you want to do. To list only files in a given directory
that contain the .adv extension, you would issue the following command:

wmatch *.adv

Or if you're not in the directory you want searched, you can type the
whole pathlist:

wmatch /DD/KYUMGAI/*.adv

I use the command a lot, it's quite handy.

Fred Provoncha