[Coco] Re: Nitros9 Script question

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 3 07:54:02 EDT 2004

Charlie wrote:
> Thanks. Yes I know about makegw, i was just leaving that out until I had the
> script working. :-)
>
> So, what does the <>>>/1 do exactly?
>
> I tried </1 but that didnt work.
>
> Charlie
 ><snip>

There are always problems with commands run within scripts since they
frequently evaporate when the script ends. That is why I chose to run
the game from within the script instead of expecting it to continue
running after the script was finished.

The above requires telling the game where I/O is located. I use several
windows and can't predict the window from which the script might be run.
/1 is the standard output path, thus the path used by the script. All
communication to/from the game is redirected to the script path thus the
<>>>; < = input, > = output, >> = error output.

There is always more than one way to make things work with computers.
You may get "ex rogue %1" if you redirect I/O correctly. Also, rogue is
a slow starter taking 5-10 seconds to start after loading.