[Coco] [Color Computer] The XGameStation Do-It-Yourself Video Game System Has Been Released!

alex_nurve alex_nurve at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 00:20:27 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex Varanese and I'm one of the developers of the
XGameStation, a new homebrew video game system designed to teach its
users how to build and program their own video game machines from the
ground up. We're posting about it here because we feel a group like
this would be interested, and we welcome feedback. We aren't using
bots and this isn't automated spam.

Here are a couple of hi-res images:
http://www.xgamestation.com/pr/xgs_micro_web_res_hw_grey_poster.png
http://www.xgamestation.com/pr/xgs_micro_web_res_kickass_poster.png

The following press release explains the details of the system:

The highly-anticipated XGameStation Micro Edition (XGS ME), the
world's first do-it-yourself video game console, is now available.
Designed by the world's best-selling game programming author, Andre'
LaMothe, the XGS ME combines today's technology with the design
methodologies of retro systems like the Atari, Commodore and Apple.
For the first time, a single product is available to teach its user
how to build a video game machine from the ground up, with complete
documentation.

The expansive eBook, written by LaMothe himself, covers everything
from introductory electronic theory all the way up to computer
architecture, as well as a complete coverage of each of the XGS ME's
subsystems. Imagine learning everything about how a video game console
is built and programmed from scratch: designing and printing circuit
boards, generating TV signals, external device interfacing, and much
more. Universities are already incorporating the XGameStation into
curriculums, and hobbyists that have followed the development of the
system for the past year are already building an active community
around it.

The XGameStation Micro Edition is the first and only way to learn the
black art of video game console design from the ground up, and is
available now from the official website (www.xgamestation.com) for
$199.95. Everything you need to get started is included; the console,
all necessary cables and power supplies, LaMothe's expansive eBook, as
well as countless extras.

If you would like more information, would like to receive our official
press kit, or have questions or comments, please let us know.

Thanks again for your time!

Alex Varanese
alexv at nurve.net
Nurve Networks LLC