[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 12, Issue 32

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 02:22:12 EDT 2004

> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:42:35 -0700
> From: "Jim Cox" <jimcox at miba51.com>
> Subject: [Coco] Advice on shipping a Floppy Drive.
> To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>

[snip]
> PS: Any suggestion for stickers to cover the Write Protect
> notch?

Jim,

When I used my CoCo a lot more than I do now (back in the day), I used
to take a small piece of paper, lay it on a strip of cellaphane tape,
and put that over the notch. I think I used black electrical tape a
couple of times too, and maybe even masking tape.

But what I really enjoyed (and still have, and it works great) was the
"removeable" WP cover I made - I took a strip of paper, the length of
the side of the disk (plus a tad more), about 1/2 inch or so wide,
folded in half, with the ends taped - I could then slip this over the
edge of the floppy as a temporary WP tab.

Maybe this tip might be useful to someone else...

Andrew