[Coco] NitrOS-9 and MESS

Dean Coffey dean_coffey at alltel.net
Sun Oct 10 10:18:00 EDT 2004

Greetings all:

I have recently downloaded MESS 0.87 and installed on a system running Win98SE, and have the CoCo3 portion apparently running well.  However, I downloaded the NitrOS-9 disk images (6809 Level 2 version) and can't seem to get things rolling.  In MESS, I can set the first 40 track image as Disk 0 and the second as Disk 1, then type DOS at the prompt in CoCo3 in the emulator.  The emulator screen blanks for about 2 seconds and then returns the OK prompt.  I'm sure I'm looking over something simple here, so I went looking for info regarding running NitrOS-9 on MESS, but found nothing useful.  I'm guessing that I just didn't select the appropriate keywords to plug into Google.  If someone here could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.  A simple link to a FAQ/How-To/similar would be sufficient, so that a lot of bandwidth isn't used for this problem.  Most likely once it's running I'll be back with questions galore.

Dean