[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 12, Issue 28

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sat Oct 9 20:08:12 EDT 2004

> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 11:21:26 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Robert Emery <theother_bob at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] CGP-220 Repair?
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>

>>I have an old CGP-220 printer, with both a black and a color ink
>>cartridge. Now, this printer hasn't been used in years. The ink has to
>>be completely dried out, and who knows about the rest of the system. I
>>have yet to run any real tests with it.
>

> Well, first of all... if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
>
> I recently acquired a CGP-220 that I was told had been sitting
> for several years. I expected the same things you did, especially
> when I saw that the "shipping lock" mechanism that seals the
> print head was not closed. (When closed, the ink flows through a
> closed-loop of tiny clear plastic tubing. The self-clean requires
> that you close it and pump the ink through the loop.)
>
> Was I shocked when the dang thing printed on the first try!!
> I did have to run the self-cleaning cycle several times to get
> all the colors flowing properly, but you can see it moving.
>
> I haven't yet got to the point of refilling it... yet.
>
> Bob Emery

Hmm - well, Bob - I haven't done anything with it since I got it back
from my parents house a while back (a couple of years), and I have the
heads locked (IIRC) - I put it that way when I left my parents house,
and stuck it in storage - hmm, maybe it is OK?

Well - I would try it first, anyhow - just to see what it does, if
anything...

Andrew