[Coco] Nitros9 and the 86 GIME again

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 08:15:01 EDT 2004

This is strange. Let me explain.

Someone was kind enough to give me a replacement Performance Peripherals
512K upgrade. Unlike my old one, this one had all the same type chips on it.
:-) (Thanks!) So, I put this new upgrade in my 86 GIME, USA made CoCo3,
replacing the stock 128K that was in that computer.

I now have no troubles at all booting Nitros9 on this coco with an 86 GIME.
This is the same computer that would crash consistently trying to boot
Nitros9. All I did was change the memory. I've booted Nitros9 at least 50
times trying to see if it would crash and it just wont. 80, 40, or 32 column
boot screens, all work fine now.

I'd like try moving the memory and 86 GIME over to my backup Korean made
coco3 and see if I have the same results. However, now that my coco is
working so well I'm reluctant to keep handling the hardware. :-)

Charlie