[Coco] NitrOS-9 on DriveWire diskette

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 04:00:46 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 05:20 pm, Robert Gault wrote:
> alsplace at pobox.com wrote:
> > Robert (see below) -- the current Mac OS X is based on a similar
> > style OS that would also be confusing, yet Apple has been able to
> > hide that away.  What keeps us from doing the same thing here?

Yup.  Windowing systems can be fun, but I usually use them so I can have
multiple terminal screens.  Well, and a web browser on a separate
desktop -- sometimes I need to look things up.  And the desktop with
the MAME CoCo emulator up to one corner and the xtrs Model 4 emulator
down to the opposite corner (yes, I also love the Z-80 stuff, started
with the TRS-80 before it was called the Model 1 before the Model 2
showed up, and LS-DOS is my favorite single-user OS -- OS/9 is
multi-user, after all).

Yes, I also have real machines (CoCo 1,2,3, Mod 1,2,4p,12,16,6kHD), but
for day to day it's easier to use one desk and La Esposa doesn't whinge
about the power bill as loud.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net    http://home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd/

No phrase sickens me more than the pious "'Tis God's will" and I must be
hearing it in one form or another at least twenty times a day.
    --  Richard Cowper, "The Hertsford Manuscript", F&SF Oct '76 p31col2