[Coco] Frustrated! ARGH!

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 28 14:15:28 EST 2004

tim lindner wrote:
> David <golgotha at toughguy.net> wrote:
>

>>c) I cant get Nitros9 to boot on anything.. Is there something I'm missing?
>>the "DOS" command just returns an 'ok' prompt
>

> Nitros-9 is distributed on double sided disk images. I suspect Jeff's
> CoCo 3 emulator (like his CoCo 2 emulator) does not support double sided
> disk images.
>
 ><snip>

Yes and no. Jeff's emulator does support double sided disks under OS-9
but not Disk Basic. The problem with booting (DOS) is that the location
of track34 is not where the emulator expects it. To read a double sided
disk from the NitrOS-9 server under Jeff's emulator you must change byte
  $16 on the disk image from 3 to 2. Then once into OS-9 or NitrOS-9 the
disks can be read.