[Coco] Re: atari USB device

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Nov 18 10:38:05 EST 2004

Torsten

This is the conclusion that I came to when reviewing the work the Atari group is
doing.

1) their cartridge is for a limitied number of peripheral devices
2) 1.5 Mbps speed
3) Low cost and ease of usage.

To really use USB to transfer larger block like a disk track the Cypress SL811
device is not the one to use. CYpress makes two other devices that h ave far more
capabilities and power.

I  have stated before that this type of project would be a crawl before you run type
project. It would be basically to handle slow low data rate peripherals like mice,
keyboards, and joysticks. Cameras, CDROMS, disk drives and such would requre
more hardware than just the SL811HS and some level translation and/or glue logic.

james