[Coco] atari USB device

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Wed Nov 17 22:02:21 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 17:53, David Hazelton wrote:
> Nitro different drivers would be loaded,  for those USB devices which
> are SCF type and that a RBF driver for USB drives (sort of like the
> CompactFlash)can be added....Did I miss any other type of USB device
> that  would be useful on a Coco?

Hmm... not there yet, but things I can think of that will be interesting
to investigate:

1. USB<->RS232
2. USB Parallel port
3. USB LCD Panel for "heads up display"

Then later, if even possible (or with a microcontroller to assist)

0. USB flash reader/writer
1. USB key drives/hard drives
2. USB floppy disk drive
3. USB<->Ethernet or Wifi
4. USB IrDA
5. USB Bluetooth
6. USB Digitial-to-analog converter (sound card)
7. USB->SVGA adapter (no, I'm not kidding, they exist...)

The nice thing is that we can get something that does a lot (keyboard,
joystick, mouse) without a tremendous amount of effort.

-- John.