[Coco] Re: Left/Right handed DoD playing...

William Astle lost at l-w.net
Tue Nov 9 13:13:10 EST 2004

Charlie wrote:
> Hi Fred!
>
> It's been a while since Ive been down to the 4th level, however I might
> suggest finding a ladder back up to the 3rd level and killing a bunch of the
> re-generated monsters to build your strength. Then go back down to the 4th.

That's the rub with the 4th level - you can't climb back up to the 3rd.
You have to do the climb back up/down between 1st/2nd or 2nd/3rd.
Getting to the 4th level requires killing the wizard's image, not
something terribly reversible.

Oh, I always did the A L thing. I found it somewhat easier when in a
hurry because it alternated hands for each of the four characters and
allowed me to get the commands in faster without my fingers getting in
the way. (I found the keys too small/close together for my fingers.)