[Coco] How about a new FDD Controller?

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Fri Nov 5 20:49:31 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 14:05, Jim Cox wrote:

> DriveWire is nice, but it only works for NitrOS, and while
> I plan to use it for that, I would also like to work with
> DECB  stuff too.

Basically DriveWire is just a protocol for reading/writing sectors. I
imagine it would not be hard to patch the disk basic ROM and replace it
with drive wire protocol routines. Maybe make a ROM pak programmed w/
DW?

Drivewire is also cheap :-) I'm about half done with my Palm
implementation of drivewire, so there will even be a DW solution if your
PC is nowhere near your Coco.

-- John.