[Coco] GANTELET II ?

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Thu Nov 4 08:29:47 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Steve Ostrom wrote:

> Diego Barizo wrote:
>
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5134549489&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
> >
> > Is it that good? $45?
> >
> > Diego
> >

> This is the first time I've seen the original game being offered on eBay
> in many years, which implies these originals are very scarce.  I'm not a
> bidder on this one because the price jumped too high too fast, but I
> know Mr. Carlin is not afraid to bid high amounts for original Coco
> stuff.  Some of us Coco'ites are anal enough to want to have a copy of
> the originals - I know because I'm one, but just don't have as much
> available $$ as some people.  Two girls in college sucks up $$ very
> quickly.  My hope is that these high prices will make a lot more
> original Coco software and hardware available on eBay instead of ending
> up in a dumpster.
>
> -- Steve --

Yeah, I know I do tend to bid high on some CoCo items - I'm trying to
collect all the non-Radio Shack items that I could never afford as a
teenager.  And the #1 item I've been after all this time was Gantelet II.
To me, that was the best game ever created in that era (although Nick M's
work now surpasses that).

And please, no need to call me Mr. Carlin.  That's my dad's name. :-)

--Ken