[Coco] Converting CoCo 2 and CoCo 3 to Component video?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Nov 2 16:07:07 EST 2004

John

Essentially that is correct. The drawback is that the MC6847 has
only has 2 bit DACs internally for the R-Y and B-Y signals and Y
level is 3 bits.

The thing is Component video is essentialy the modulation signal
for the RF carrier like channel 3 or 4. COmponent video is not some
new fangled system. All component video is are the Luminance and
Chroma signal that would go to an RF modulator are brought out
the back of the unit and distributed.

Converting a Coco1 or 2 to component video would gain no
additional color but may gain a better qulaity picture. At least there
is no RF to demodulate and all that.

james