[Coco] USB devices

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 23 15:32:10 EST 2004

I don't use a PC to transfer the files to the ZIP drive, Mark.  I have a
Mac with OS9.1 and just format the Zip for PC, copy  the files onto it,
then pop it into my CoCo Zip and use the PC-DOS utility to transfer it.
 When I need to use a PC,  I run Windows 2000 Pro on a VirtualPC
emulator and run the command line window.  Worked on everything I tried
so far ...............

Also, no one has mentioned the cheapest and oldest method of
transferring a whole system from one CoCo to another, Mark, and you
produced it.  I'm talking about your original SCSI interface and a ZIP
drive.  How long have I had mine now?  5 or 6 years?  I assume a system
backup made back then will still be good on your latest interface.

BTW - While we're on this subject.  Boisy described to me how to write
to a CD on my Mac for playback on a CoCo about a year ago.  Unforch, he
assumed I had OSX.x and the full Toast burning utility.  I only have
OS9.1 and Toast Lite (OEM with the burner).  Do you, or anyone else,
know how this can be done?  I think I can make the Windows 2000 see the
burner.  Is there a CHEAP Windows burning utility that will allow me to
do this?

Cheers, Griz