[Coco] 360K drives

John Donaldson jadonaldson at charter.net
Thu Nov 11 09:47:36 EST 2004

   I have asked this question before, but never got a complete answer.

Is it possible to use a real 360K drive on a machine that is running the
JV/JC emulator and use it
as a real coco drive. That is have the emulator format it and copy
from/write to it, just like a real
COCO3 would do.

Reason I am asking, I have a old IBM 486 DX4 desktop that is running DOS
6.2 and the JV/JC
emulator and both 6809 and 6309 NitrOS9. It has a real 360K drive a the
B: drive.
The problem is I have never got it to work under either DOS or OS9.
Neither will format it or read/write
from/to it.
  I can use the DSKINI.EXE and it WILL format and transfer files to the
360K drive. ALso RETRIEVE.EXE
also works with the 360K drive.  So I do know that it is NOT the machine
hardware or the DOS 6.2 OS that
is at fault. I don't think either the 6809 or 6309 version of OS9 or the
DOS roms set that is at fault. So it has
to be something with the emulator itself.

John Donaldson