[Coco] Creating CoCo disks with DSKINI.EXE?

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Thu Nov 11 01:07:29 EST 2004

I just browsed the notes at NitrOS.org for transferring
DSK images on a DOS/Windows box using DSKINI.EXE and if I
understand the notes, they are suggesting that the 5.25" B
drive on the PC be a 360K DSDD drive.

Is this correct, or can I use a 5.25" 1.2M drive to write
the disk, then read it with a 5.25" 360K drive on CoCo?

Why not create a 720K boot disk with the 3.5 drive and
then boot off the 3.5" drive on the CoCo?  Will NitrOS
work if both drives for the CoCo are 3.5" drives or if
Drive 0 on the CoCo is a 3.5" and Drive 1 is a 5.25" 360K
drive?

Or maybe I should just order the disks from Mark :)

Jim