[Coco] odd JOYSTK behavior

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sun May 30 10:45:00 EDT 2004

--- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Robert Emery wrote:
> ><snip>
> > So Tandy reversed this in the CoCo3?
>  ><snip>
>
> I'm not sure that is what happened. All of my notes and info from "The
> Facts" a Spectral Associates precursor to the "Unravelled" series
> indicates that the code has always been the same. It may be that Tandy
> had the explanation reversed (left/right) in the original documentation
> for the Coco1.
>
> My Coco1 is not functional so I can't test this. You could try a Coco1
> emulator or real Coco1 on your own to see what happens with JOYSTK.

I'm moving and my CoCo1 is at the new place already (and I'm not), but I can
assure you that the left joystick used to be 0/1. I don't think it's a code
change either, I'm reasonably sure it's a hardware difference... either due to
carelessness or for the benefit of the board layout. At least it's a relatively
low-impact difference.

Bob

"...as stunned as a man might be who, having believed himself to be totally
blind for five years, suddenly discovers that he had merely been wearing too
large a hat." -Douglas Adams