[Coco] RS-232 pak problems

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Thu May 20 15:08:44 EDT 2004

On 20-May-04, at 2:40 PM, Robert Gault wrote:

> Not so.
> "1. Turn on computer ... the OK prompt should appear ....
>  2. Once the OK prompt is displayed, type:
>     EXEC &HC000 [ENTER]"
> There is no claim that OK should be seen when the pak is running.
> ><snip>

I'm not quite clear on this... when I power up, all I get is the pak's
DELUXE RS-232 PROGRAM PAK message. The OK prompt never appears. I can't
type anything (at least nothing that appears on the screen).

> See response to card edge message. I'd suggest reconnecting the third
> trace (line #6) on the bottom of the card.

So that'd be the clock. It appears to be tied to the CART line as well
on my board, by a jumper wire on the other side. I made sure it was
connected with a big line of solder extending from the card edge pad to
the trace. Still no dice.

> 4	NMI		non-maskable IRQ; cut on my card

Cut on mine as well. In fact, that seemed to be where the most damage
was, right near that trace. I tried soldering that as well, but it
didn't help.

James