[Coco] Using a PC monitor on the CoCo

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 23:29:19 EDT 2004

> I was thinking about this, maybe a solution could be made with a cheap
> FPGA with some A/D converters and then a resistor ladder for output
> again?

thought about it myself a bit, ISTR the A/D convertors need to sample at least
10 or 20 million samples per second (per signal) to be fast enough for video.
There are some readily available triple 8-bit A/D convertors perfect for this.

I think you need anough memory to store one full frame of video, or maybe just
a line or two. There's actually a do-it-yourself project on the web for one of
these, but it's massive, more than I'd venture.