[Coco] Using a PC monitor on the CoCo

Bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed May 19 23:17:12 EDT 2004

> That adapter is $144, and I can buy a new 15" PC monitor AND that
> adapter for less than what a CM-8 costs ;-)  And it will look better.
>
> Personally, I'm considering getting this (since Amiga seems to us
> V-Sync and H-Sync seperately) and a flat panel monitor for the CoCo...
> Since I can use the flat panel monitor for any other computer I have...
> Perfect!

You might look at the new LCD screens out... there is a notion
that some of these may sync to the CoCo3's RGB-A signal. I would
tend to expect it to work, but good luck finding out for sure.

Make a custom video cable with a VGA socket and take your
CoCo shopping! ;-)

As for composite converters, you end up with a VGA monitor
looking just as fuzzy as your old TV. Might as well use a TV.

Bob