[Coco] C and BASIC09 (Auto-discard notification)

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Sun May 16 16:52:25 EDT 2004

On Sun, 16 May 2004 06:25:25 -0400
Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> OK, you actually are asking how OS-9 processes keyboard information
> not C. OS-9 as with most OSes will filter multiple key presses and
> special key entries and release the standard ascii data set. To access
> the special keys, study the OS-9 GetStatt call SS.KySns and how to
> call it from C. If that won't do the job, you will need to write your
> own keyboard driver routine in assembly and interface it with C.

As suggested, I looked up the "getstat ()" C call in the C compiler's
user's guide. It told me if I wanted anymore information to check with
the OS-9 System Programmer's Manual. I don't have that book. Does anyone
know where I can either get it, or if it's online anywhere where I can
view it?

Thanks!
-M.