[Coco] C and BASIC09 (Auto-discard notification)

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun May 16 03:31:23 EDT 2004

>Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:27:37 -0400
>From: Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>

>Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>>>Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:44:50 -0500
>>>From: Mannequin* <mannequin at charter.net>
>>>Subject: Re: [Coco] C and BASIC09
>>>On Fri, 14 May 2004 22:29:18 -0400
>>>Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>>>

>>>>Mannequin* wrote:

Humm, I seem to have missed these earlier messages.  That's what
happens when I try to use the %^&$#%# windoze box. :-(

I did figure out how to call binary subroutine modules, like inkey and
gfx2, from C.  It's not that hard but there are, as usual with C, a
few "gotchas".

If anyone's interested, I'll dig out my essay and post it.

For an I-code module, you'd have to either system("module") (which
forks a shell, which will figure out module's a BASIC-09 module and
fork runb), or os9fork("runb", etc....).

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko