[Coco] [Color Computer] Coco 3 and the Internet

James Jones jamesjones01 at mchsi.com
Fri May 14 00:25:08 EDT 2004

blaqsith wrote:

>Just curious if any of you use your color computers for anything
>internet related.
>
>Some Examples:
>
>* E-Mail
>* IRC
>* Text WWW browsing
>* Usenet
>
>* etc..
>
>I doubt there are any native programs written for the coco to do any
>of the above...

Don't bet on it.... I wouldn't want to take your money.

Quoting
http://www.phreak.org/archives/The_Hacker_Chronicles_II/cud5/cud534a.txt,

A quick glance at the UUCP maps shows that the following systems are being used
as net sites:
   IBM PC/AT, PC/XT
   Apple Macintosh Plus
   Amiga 500
   Atari 1040
   Tandy Color Computer, TRS-80
   AT&T 6300, 3B1, 3B2/310

Also, from
http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/reference/net-directory/maps/uucp.bak/u.usa.ca.4,

#N	ccentral
#S	Tandy Color Computer 3; OS9 Level II
#O	Color Central Software
#C	Rick Adams
#E	ccentral!postmaster
#T	+1 707 523 3267
#P	702 Monroe Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
#L	38 26 N / 122 43 W city
#U	fico
#R
#R	This was the first Tandy Color Computer 3 to enter the UUCP maps,
#R	Jul 26 1990.  UUCP/email/news software written by Rick Adams.
#R	Software available on Delphi's OS9 SIG.
#R
#R	Note: I am NOT the Rick Adams at uunet.  Different person.  :-)
#R
#W	ccentral!rickadams (Rick Adams); Mon Apr 22 09:51:44 PDT 1991
#
ccentral	fico(DAILY)

    James Jones