[Coco] SuperIDE

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Mon May 10 05:30:16 EDT 2004

At 10:43 PM 5/9/2004 -0500, you wrote:

Roger,

Boisy has had 4GB drives or larger on his system. Which is probably the
limit under OS-9 just as it is with SCSI.

CD-ROMs are ATAPI devices, currently not supported. Boisy please verify
this. The interface is the same. It is a software issue.

Developers are needed to step up and start writing drivers for these
devices. Boisy's new Super drivers package splits out the low level and
high level functions of SCSI, IDE, etc. One high level driver and then the
low level function drivers as required. Boisy, correct me if I'm wrong
here. Thus saving system RAM if you have more than one device, like SCSI
and IDE combo.

I'm doing solid state media on the following CF, SD, MS, SM, MMC.

Regards,

Mark