[Coco] Re: Re: NitrOS-9 V03.02.01 Release

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Sat May 8 19:27:14 EDT 2004

In article <4.3.2.7.2.20040508055744.00cb1db0 at pop.cpinternet.com>,
mmarlett at isd.net says...

>At 04:58 AM 5/8/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>
>Same here. This happened on the last release also. My home connection is
>dial up. From what I recall from the last release, Alan's host is in
>tolerant of slow connections. From work, the last time, I could download no
>problem.
>
>????
>
>Mark
>Cloud-9
>

>>In article <007301c4348f$8c7c98c0$0100a8c0 at master>,
Bob Devries said..

>> >Boisy, I don't know if it's just me, but every time I try to download from
>> >the nitros9 site, the DL gets terminated at about 10% of the file.
>> >
>> >Is there any way I can FTP into the site and DL the files that way?
>> >--
>> >Regards, Bob Devries. Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.
>>

>>Same here.  I get 20-40 Kbytes and the download terminates early.
>>I even got my sister to try with a much newer system and she sees
>>the same thing as we do.
>>
>>It's not a timing or disk load problem - I saw the exact same
>>problem when I rehosted my browser to run entirely from a ramdisk,
>>except that the terminations happened much faster then...
>>
>>I even tried a much older browser but it couldn't hack the site
>>redirection and I got Alan's old spam page instead.  <sigh>
>>
>>I've been seeing this problem at least since the previous release
>>of  NitrOS-9 last December.  Back then it took dozens of attempts
>>before I got a good set of files.  A temporary mirror or ftp site
>>would be nice.
>>
>>--
>>Rodney Hamilton

Just to let people know...
The NitrOS-9 site is back up and all three zips downloaded with
no erors and no retries  - and on my dialup link.
Whatever you did, Alan, it WORKS FINE NOW!  Thanks!

After a quick look at the zips, the only obvious problem I see is
in the readme files, where they still reference the old dskini URL
instead of the replacement now available on the nitro wbbsite.
Use that link <http://www.nitros9.org/dskini.zip> instead.

Now I'm off to burn a few floppies...

Rodney Hamilton