[Coco] Any resolution to patching a Multipack for Coco 3?

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Sat May 8 06:56:25 EDT 2004

At 10:23 PM 5/6/2004 -0700, you wrote:

John,

No real two schools about it. If you want it done right, do the patch. The
problem is that in the non modified packs, the address range of the MPI
ghosted the GIME. Two devices on the bus at the same time is called bus
conflict, not a desirable thing. The PAL updates for the 26-3024 are
available at Cloud-9 and I do the other satellite updates as well but that
is a Time and Material charge and I charge $25 plus s/h. Paul Barton has a
web page up on how to do the modification if you want to do it yourself on
the 26-3124.

This simple test will detect if any Mulitpak has been upgraded
to work with a CoCo3. From DECB prompt enter the following:

?PEEK(&HFF90)

If 126 is returned then the multipak has been upgraded. If
it returns 255 then it has NOT been upgraded.

The test above seems to work in the models I have upgraded......

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9