[Coco] Re: NitrOS-9 V03.02.01 Release

Rodney V Hamilton Rodney_Hamilton at GBRonline.com
Sat May 8 00:58:02 EDT 2004

In article <007301c4348f$8c7c98c0$0100a8c0 at master>, Bob Devries said..

>> NitrOS-9 V03.02.01 has been released and is available on the website at
>> www.nitros9.org for download.
>
>Boisy, I don't know if it's just me, but every time I try to download from
>the nitros9 site, the DL gets terminated at about 10% of the file.
>
>Is there any way I can FTP into the site and DL the files that way?
>--
>Regards, Bob Devries. Ipswich, Queensland, Australia.

Same here.  I get 20-40 Kbytes and the download terminates early.
I even got my sister to try with a much newer system and she sees
the same thing as we do.

It's not a timing or disk load problem - I saw the exact same
problem when I rehosted my browser to run entirely from a ramdisk,
except that the terminations happened much faster then...

I even tried a much older browser but it couldn't hack the site
redirection and I got Alan's old spam page instead.  <sigh>

I've been seeing this problem at least since the previous release
of  NitrOS-9 last December.  Back then it took dozens of attempts
before I got a good set of files.  A temporary mirror or ftp site
would be nice.

--
Rodney Hamilton