[Coco] 80 track disk access under RSDOS

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Wed May 5 11:27:04 EDT 2004

At 01:16 AM 05/05/2004 -0700, Bob wrote:
>Thanks for the info John. I'm still doing what I consider "ongoing testing" and
>seem to have some issues reading from 35 track disks when in 80 track mode, or
>maybe I have a typo in my patch program.
>
>FWIW, I'm using HD disks with tape over the HD hole and playing various games
>from that disk regularly to see how reliable it's going to be. So far I've had
>no data loss (that I can detect) after about two weeks of mobile use.
>
>Later,
>Bob

What kind of issues are you having?

By the way, if you wanted to store a lot of 35-track-readable files onto an
80 track disk, you could write a simple program to mark 'used' all granules
above 68 in the GAT (track 17, sector 2 - each byte represents a granule.)

Then save up to 68 granules of files onto the disk.

Then run another program to mark 'free' all granules above 68 in the GAT.

Now you can keep adding more files to the 80 track disk, while all of the
previously added files are guaranteed to load on a 35 track system.
                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/