[Coco] Painting Yellowed CoCo Cases

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon May 3 08:42:08 EDT 2004

Ray, I got your suggestion AFTER returning from Wally World.  It turns
out they did have the Krylon Fusion paint, so I picked up four colors:
Dover White, Red Pepper, Patriotic Blue and Gloss White.  At $4 a can,
it wasn't cheap...

I sprayed one CoCo 2 case with the Dover White and another CoCo 2 with
the Red Pepper.  Although the can says "Dries in 15 minutes" don't
believe it.  I leave things to dry a good 18-24 hours to insure a good
cureness.  From what I've seen so far, this stuff has really bonded
well to the cases... This afternoon I'll reassemble the parts into the
cases, reapply the stickers at the bottom, and put 'em up somewhere.

I never thought a CoCo would look good in red, but hey, it ain't half
bad!  We'll see how the durability of the paint holds up through
use....

Cloud-9 might have another product offering here... designer CoCos ! :)