[Coco] Color Computer Stuff for sale and tornadoes (Auto-discard notification)

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz bathory at maltedmedia.com
Mon May 31 14:29:45 EDT 2004

>Subject: Color Computer Stuff for sale and tornadoes
>Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:03:57 -0500
>From: "Leighty, Grant (UMKC-Student)" <ggla44 at umkc.edu>
>To: <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>

>Hey guys,
>

>It has been a while since I have wrote to you guys.  I just wanted to say
thanks a lot for your help a couple of weeks ago.  It was nice to see a lot
of you at the COCO fest in Chicago.  I have finally got through all of the
stuff I bought at the auctions at the fest.  It has taken me 2 week to get
through it all.  I have so much stuff now.  I have my systems all up and
running and beginning to load program and play the old games from my
childhood.  I have been having so much fun.  I am glad I made some good
friends at the fest, I will be needing a lot of help shortly.  I have never
used OS-9 or anything other than BASIC and I will be teaching myself it
over the next month or so..

>I just wanted to let you all know that I have over 30 items for sale on
EBay.  Most of it, is the stuff I have gotten from EBay in the past and do
not need since I went to the coco fest and won most of the auctions.  I do
want to ask one question, I do not know if this is a scam or what.
Yesterday, I put up an action for a Tandy DMP-134 Printer and got a
question emailed to my saying they want to bid on it for $200.00 and ship
it Canada and they in return will it to Africa.  The name of the company is
Skyway.  Have you heard of them or anything like this.  As we all know
$200.00 is a lot of money for this printer.  Here is the actual message:

>Dear grantkcmo75,
>
> HOW ARE YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU? FIRST I WILL
LIKE TO INTRODUCE OUR COMPANY TO YOU WE ARE THE SKYWAY TRADING CO.WE BASED
IN CANADA ALTHOUGH WE HAVE BRACHES IN AFRICA WHERE WE ARE PLANING TO SHIP
THIS ITEM TO IF OUR REQUEST IS ACCEPTED.WE LIKE TO PURCHASE THIS ITEM WE
KNOW IS STILL ON BID,WE ARE GOING TO BID THIS ITEM $2OO USD WE ARE GOING TO
MAKE PAYMENT VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY ORDER BIDPAY.PLS KINDLY REPLY TO THIS
MAIL SO WE CAN PROCEED ON THIS TRANSACTIONS ASAP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3484201140

> Thank you,
> skywaystore
>

> Just thought I should ask.  Let me know what you think.  I will try to be
on more now that the tornadoes and bad weather is finally calming down.  It
has been really bad here in Kansas City with so many tornadoes and flood.
I hope you all are doing good and I look forward to hearing from you.