[Coco] Any resolution to patching a Multipack for Coco 3?

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 01:23:57 EDT 2004

I was reading through my old Rainbows the other day as I was trying to get
my floppy controller working with my Multipack on my Coco 3.

Apparently, there were 2 schools of thought with patching the newer, white
Multipacks with a Coco 3, with some people saying it had to be done, and
some people saying it did not need to be done.

The group that said it needed to be done suggested that slow degeneration of
the computer (the GIME chip?) was possible if you used an unpatched
multipack.

Now that it's been 10+ years, has anyone experienced any faults?  Are the
parts still available to patch the 26-3124s?  Does this need to be done?

Thanks all,
John