[Coco] Re: Assembly book.

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Mon Mar 29 15:52:12 EST 2004

>>From nice 10-point typeset all the way down to nasty Radio Shack dot-matrix
>for the program margins.

Typset stuff, even small, doesn't appear to be much of a problem if the
contrast is good. However, the dot-matrix stuff can be a real problem. I
have a manual (xeroxed dot-matrix) I was trying to do for the archive,
but I just can't get it to scan descently.

>Nope. But tons of line drawings.
Again if the contrast is good  that shouldn't be a real problem.

>Zing! 3-ring! Oh... and 12 hours of audio.

Thank God for that. I'm getting tired of flip..scan..flip..scan for
books. At least I could feed it through a document feeder. Keep in mind
that the scans would be 300 DPI, mostly in monochrome, if the pages are
descent. As for the audio, my mac can physically do it, but I don't think
I have any audio recording programs handy. Quality on audio wouldn't be
that great, if I even have enough HD space for that much audio!

>I think there might be a volunteer for this. :)

Well, lets not say I'm volunteering; Let's just say I accept your kind
offer. That is unless someone else steps up and is willing to do it.
(I've already got a few things I'm working on so I probably wouldn't be
able to work on it till the mid of April or so)

Dean