[Coco] [Fwd: Asante SCSI-to-Ethernet]

Mark Marlette mmarlett at isd.net
Mon Mar 29 10:06:48 EST 2004

At 09:05 AM 3/29/2004 -0500, you wrote:

John,

Looking at the manual there **should** be a memory map section explaining
the registers.

SCSI is command based so if the drive was to be detected, simply write,
assuming default address of $FF74 and a SCSI drive address of 0.

POKE &HFF74,1 ' SCSI ID value for device 0
POKE &HFF75,0 'Strobe(SEL~) to drive

Result will be that the drive light comes on.

SCSI is packet based and Boisy might be able to add something there.

I will add this to the REVlist of the manual.

So for now....this method will have to work. Looking at SCSIcmds under
Basic09 it should be very obvious how it works. The memory map is as follows:

This is all based off of the base address.

Read 0 = Data Port Read
Read 1 = Status Port Read
                 Bit 0 =REQ~
                 Bit 1 =BSY~
                 Bit 2 =MSG~
                 Bit 3 =C/D~
                 Bit 4 =I/O~
                 Bit 5,6,7 are tied and will always be read as low.

Write 0 = Data Port Write
Write 1 = Sel~

Thanks,

Mark