[Coco] Re: UseNet *"Bit.Listserv.CoCo"* NewsGroup elimination

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Mon Mar 29 02:54:10 EST 2004

Hi,

John E. Malmberg wrote:

> That would be the folks at: http://newsadmin.com/bit/bit.html.

Twelve minutes by car for me to visit in person.

> As near as I can tell, no one wants to be the bad guy.  But there may be
>   automatic processes involved that can kick in with out prior notice.

Why not stop any automatic processes and get an agreement to continue the
B.L.CoCo newsgroup.

As the B.L.CoCo list was carried by Princeton long after having any
connection, I believe the part about not wanting to be the bad guy.

Is there any good in holding the list untill it is automatically terminated?
That is still a bad position.

Being good would be helping the continuation of the B.L.CoCo newsgroup.
Doing nothing when an automatic kill process is running is not good.

> And nothing of this is different than what I posted back in February.
>
> -John
> wb8tyw at qsl.net
> Personal Opinion Only

You stated that you were not the person that caused the list to be held.

The contacts that you have had with People at Princeton have NOT been
communicated in a timely manner to interested persons like me on the CoCo
list.

You also have a great deal of knowledge about the "Bit" groups and their
rules. Rules that have come over to me as "Doom and Gloom" as quoted.

Those rules May have gone out of effect and do not apply today.

I still cannot tell if the best plan is no plan and let what will be will
be.

Lots of quoting rules and no actions to save the UseNet
*"Bit.Listserv.CoCo"* NewsGroup. Is that what is being offered?

Stephen H. Fischer <sfischer1 at mindspring.com>